Geotechnical site investigations help determine subsurface soil conditions, including stability, soil classification and formation changes. They also examine groundwater depth, movement and its impact on soil stability. Holocene’s geotechnical drilling services include, ASTM soil sampling, installing wells/piezometers and other instrumentation to provide accurate subsurface data.
This information enables the geotechnical professional to make recommendations that mitigate ground settlement, adverse soil movement or the presence of groundwater that can impact a construction project or existing structures.
Holocene is the most experienced and recognized geotechnical drilling company in the Pacific Northwest. We operate a fleet of late model track and truck mounted rigs and support vehicles.
- Truck and Track Mounted Drill Rigs
- Hollow Stem Auger
- Mud Rotary
- Wireline Rock Coring – NQ / HQ
- Sonic Drilling
- Vac Hole Clearing
- Continuous Core
- SPT and Shelby Tube Sampling
- Well Decommissioning
- Observation Well Installation
- Instrumentation Installation
- Automatic Hammer Sampling, Calibrated per ASTM D4633-05
- Onshore, Offshore, Difficult Access & Low Clearance
- Monitoring Well, Piezometer, VWP Instrumentation, Inclinometers/Extensometers, Slope Indicator
- Grouting and Injection Wells